In this webinar, Michael Episcope discusses Origin’s unique history and philosophy, and then dives into the current fund’s strategy and pipeline.
Interested In Learning More About This Opportunity?
You can visit the Official OpportunityDb Partner Page for the Origin QOZ Fund II to:
- Learn more about Origin’s OZ strategy.
- Learn key details about fund and related projects.
- Request more information from the fund sponsor.
- Origin’s unique history, with its founders serving as the first two investors and the firm essentially functioning as a family office.
- The goal of offering a truly institutional investment platform for individual investors.
- How Origin’s attitude towards Opportunity Zones evolved from initial skepticism.
- Origin’s unique structure and perspective, viewing themselves as risk managers who prioritize staying power and transparency.
- A review of Origin’s strategy, which will focus exclusively on ground up development of 10 to 15 assets.
- The importance of conservative underwriting assumptions when evaluating potential multifamily deals.
- A summary of the Origin portfolio and pipeline, which focuses on low tax, business-friendly states that are now benefitting from net migration and other factors.
- The timeline of a “build to core” strategy, including return of capital.
- The importance of entity structure when it comes to avoiding taxes on distributions.
- A review of some assets in the QOZ Fund II pipeline.
- Live Q&A with webinar attendees.
Industry Spotlight: Origin Investments
Founded in 2007, Origin Investments is a private equity real estate firm based in Chicago. Designed for the needs of high net worth individuals, family offices and wealth management firms, Origin Investments provides the same level of service, terms, and results that larger institutions have enjoyed for decades.
Learn More About Origin Investments
Jimmy: There you are, Michael. How are you doing?
Michael: Hi, Jimmy. Good. How are you?
Jimmy: Excellent. Well, the stage is yours.
Michael: Well, thank you, everybody, for joining today. I’m gonna talk about a few things. Number one, I’m gonna over Origin itself and our capabilities, then talk a little bit about our strategy of the fund, and then go over some of the deal pipeline. And then, we’ll open it for Q&A after that. And I always try to weave in some educational components in here as well. So, I will jump in to my slides here now. Let me share my screen.